I am a researcher at IDSIA in Lugano since May 2020.
Previously, I have been a post-doc at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland (from October 2019 to April 2020); Idiap Research Institute, Martigny, Switzerland (January 2018 - August 2019); CNRS-University of Montpellier, France (April 2015 - December 2017).
From April to November 2015, I have been a visiting researcher at the CNRS-AIST Joint Robotics Laboratory of Tsukuba, Japan. In June 2015, I participated in the DARPA Robotics Challenge as member of AIST-NEDO team. In March 2015, I received my Ph.D. in System Engineering from Sapienza University of Rome, Italy, and, in January 2011, my Master's degree in Electronic Engineering from the same University. From January to July 2014, I have been a visiting scholar at CNRS-University of Montpellier, France, and from May to December 2010, visiting student at Örebro University, Sweden.
My research interests are robotic control, machine learning for robotic perception, humanoid robots, visual servoing.
For a full list of my publications, please go here
- A. Paolillo, P. Robuffo Giordano, M. Saveriano, "Dynamical System-based Imitation Learning for Visual Servoing using the Large Projection Formulation," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2023
- A. Paolillo, M. Nava, D. Piga, A. Giusti, "Visual Servoing with Geometrically Interpretable Neural Perception," IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2022
- A. Paolillo, G. Abbate, A. Giusti, S. Trakic, H. Dzafic, A. Fritz, J. Guzzi, "Towards the integration of a pointing-based human-machine interface in an industrial control system compliant with the IEC 61499 standard," Procedia CIRP , 107, 1077-1082, 2022
- A. Paolillo, F. Colella, N. Nosengo, F. Schiano, W. Stewart, D. Zambrano, I. Chappuis, R. Lalive, D. Floreano, "How to compete with robots by assessing job automation risks and resilient alternatives, Science Robotics 7 (65), eabg5561, 2022.
- A. Paolillo , M. Saveriano, "Learning Stable Dynamical Systems for Visual Servoing," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 8636--8642, 2022.
- J. Guzzi, G. Abbate, A. Paolillo, A. Giusti, "Interacting with a Conveyor Belt in Virtual Reality using Pointing Gestures," ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction, 2022.
- G. Abbate, A. Giusti, A. Paolillo, B. Gromov, L. Gambardella, A. E. Rizzoli, J.Guzzi, "PointIt: A ROS Toolkit for Interacting with Co-located Robots using Pointing Gestures," 2022.
- M. Nava, A. Paolillo, J. Guzzi, L. M. Gambardella and A. Giusti, "Learning Visual Localization of a Quadrotor Using Its Noise as Self-Supervision," IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2022.